COOKING CLASSES IN YOUR OWN HOME
Host the hands on Italian cooking class and meal at your home*
If possible provide ample open bench or open table space (bench space can be provided), oven & stove top, kettle and maybe fridge or freezer space (depending on dessert chosen)
Plates, cutlery & glasses enough for a 3 or 2 course meal for you and your friends and you will also need to provide a main serving dish and side dish
Enjoy the company of your friends in your own home
Nowhere to drive
Host your friends in a wonderful personal experience
Your free if you have 3 friends or more in the class (only valid for 3 course menu)
Are you organising a Hen's party, then please contact me for more information, I can do up to 30 people.
3 or 2 course meal (depending on option chosen)
Hands on cooking lesson
In the privacy of your friend’s home
Printed recipes & borrowed aprons
Cooking equipment provided
Bench space if required
Please note any breakages to your own plates & glasses are at your own expense, and cleaning your own plates, cutlery & glasses is not done by La Micia Cooking. Drinks not included
Recommended starting times of Classes as follows:
Lunch classes - start at 11:00am (arrival time 5 minutes prior)
Dinner classes - start at 6:00pm (arrival time 5 minutes prior)
Cooking classes go for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes - times can vary depending on menu or option chosen. You sit down to eat after this time.
Classes available 7 days/nights a week
La Micia Cooking recommends no more than 8 for a 3 course meal menu a class
*Must be located in Melbourne and surrounding suburbs.
When booking please advise La Micia of any allergies/dietaries/religious requirments
If you would like to make a booking please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring: Mobile: 0406616 315
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much bench space is required? If you have an open bench top and are having only 2 or 3 people in the lesson than the bench top only needs to be approximately 80cm long and approximately 50cm wide. If you do not have enough open bench space then bench work tables can be supplied.
Do I have to provide Aprons? Borrowed aprons are included in the lesson.
Are ingredients included? Yes all ingredients are included.
At what time can I host a lesson? Lunch or dinner, starting times may vary depending on menu chosen (example if you have a budget menu). Eg. Standard 3 course menu start time for lunch is 11:00am and dinner start times 6:00pm. Budget menus, starting time could vary.
How long does a class go for? Standard 3 course meal class goes for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, you sit down to eat your meal afterwards. Note dishes like Lasagne, orecchiette, rabbit, cavatelli, panerotti will take approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours.
What days are you classes held? They are held 7 days/nights a week.
Can I give to someone as a gift certificate? Yes you can.
What if I cancel? The payment is 100% non refundable, however transferable to a another lesson (must be used within a certain time frame).
Can you do alternate dishes? Requests can be made however may not be guaranteed.
Do I have to select a menu from your example menu or can I choose whatever dishes I would like to make? You can select one first course, one second course and one dessert from any example menu. Note pasta and gnocchi are considered as first courses, therefore you can swap one with the other.
Do you cater for allergies or dietaries requirements? Yes, please advise at time of booking your special requirements and La Micia will try to accommodate your needs.
When do I have to pay? Once the booking is confirmed a $100 deposit is required within 7 days of confirmation. Rest of payment is to be no later than 10 days prior to the cooking class date.
3 Courses - $89 per person - as per the menus below
2 Courses - $39 per person - First course vegetarian based and dessert **
2 Courses - $45 per person - First course meat based and dessert **
2 Courses - $ 49 per person - Main course and dessert **
Host is free if you have 3 friends or more this offer is not valid for a 2 course menu
** 2 course menus are only valid for mimimum of 4 people or more
Other discounts do not apply off the special offer
On a Budget please contact La Micia to discuss a taylor made menu and/or options to suit your needs.
MENU 1 - GRADARA
• Hand made Lasagne
• Involtini di pollo - chicken rolled with a filling
• Verdure al Gratin - gratin vegetables
MENU 2 - LAMOLI
• Hand made tagliatelle served with ragu'
• Pollo ai peperoni - chicken with capsicum
• Pure' di patate - potato puree
• Panna cotta
MENU 3 - SESTINO
• Hand made gnocchi baked in the oven
• Scaloppine di pollo - chicken fillets
• Zucchine fritte - pan fried zucchini
• Sgroppino - lemon sorbet and prosecco
MENU 4 - BELFORTE
• Hand made ravioli - spinach & ricotta OR radicchio, ricotta & walnut
• Involtini di vitello - rolled veal with a filling
• Patate arrosto - roast potatoes
• Semi-freddo - ice-cream half frozen
MENU 5 - CAMPO
• Hand made strozzapreti - short fresh twisted pasta
• Melanzane Parmigiana - eggplant bake
• Insalata radicchio e finocchio - radicchio and fennel salad
• Ricotta tart
MENU 6 - ASCOLI
• Olive all' Ascolana - stuffed deep fried olives
• Hand made pizza and focaccia
• Crème caramel
MENU 7 - URBINO
• Caprese - tomates, mozzarella and basil
• Hand made gnocchi
• Bocconotti - pastry cases with almond & dark chocolate filling
MENU 8 - BORGO PACE
• Dried pasta with a simple tomato sauce
• Saltimbocca - veal fillets
• Patate arrosto - roast potatoes
• Torta Californiana - custard tart with fruit
MENU 9 - TRANI
• Hand made Orecchiette with ricotta & tomato OR Cima di rapa (Broccoli rabe - note seasonal June-August)
• Cotoletta di pollo - Chicken schnitzel
• Funghi ripieni - Stuffed mushrooms
MENU 10-SANT'ANGELO IN VADO
• Hand made cavatelli with a pork & veal sausage, butter & sage sauce
• Osso buco - traditional
• Risotto alla milanese
• Torta di mandorle, cioccolata e arancia - Almond, chocolate & orange cake
MENU 11 - CESENA
• Hand made spinach & ricotta gnocchi with a tomato sauce
• Coniglio alla cacciatora - Hunter's rabbit
• Melanzane alla griglia - Chargrilled eggplant
• Torta di limone
MENU 12 - PENNABILLI
• Hand made tortellini with roast pumpkin, with a sage & butter sauce
• Piccata al limone - Pan fried veal fillets with lemon
• Panzanella - Poorman's salad
• Pasta di mandorla - Almond biscuits
MENU 13 - TORINO
• Pasta tri colore - 3 coloured pasta
• Quaglie ripiene al forno - Stuffed baked quails
• Fagliolini - Green beans
• Baci di dama - Ladies kisses (biscuits)
MENU 14 - VALTELLINA
• Pizzoccheri - Buckwheat Pasta
• Osso buco d'agnello - Lamb Shanks
• Peperone ripiene - Stuffed capsicums
• Torta di Castagne - Chestnut Cake
MENU 15 - FOGGIA
• Panzerotti - Deep fried pizza cases with various fillings
• Focaccia Pugliese
•Torta di pera e mandorle - Pear & Almond tart
MENU 16 - VERONA
• Gnocchi di castagne - Chestnut gnocchi with a mushroom sauce
• Uccelletti scappati - Skewers of veal fillets with pancetta & sage
• Torta di cioccolata - Chocolate Tart
FOR A 2 COURSE MENU PLEASE CHOOSE THE DISHES FROM THE ABOVE MENU LIST
YOU CAN SWAP DISHES FROM OTHER MENUS
NOTE YOU CAN ONLY MAKE EITHER PASTA OR GNOCCHI NOT BOTH
IF YOU CHOOSE "LASAGNE/FOCACCIA/PANZEROTTI/RABBIT/ORECCHIETTE/CAVATELLI" THIS CLASS WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 3 - 3 1/2 HOURS
SOME PRODUCE MAYBE SEASONAL -EG BROCCOLI RABE, FRESH TOMATOES